Just as with one of our in-house Open Days, you can use this time to:
- Find out more about the courses that we offer, including full-time courses, Apprenticeships, Access to HE, university level, professional qualifications, and fun evening classes!
- Speak to our expert tutors so that you can understand whether a course is right for you and what you can expect to learn during your studies
- Explore our facilities and take a look around the spaces that you could be learning in
- See examples of the type of work students on our courses do
- Find out what our current students think about our study programmes and how they have helped them to get into their dream jobs
- Access careers advice if you need a helping hand in figuring out the best route for you
- Ask questions about and get help with submitting your application
- Get information and support with funding for your course
- Find out how we can help you with childcare so that you're free to study
- Figure out the best route to get into college using public transport
- Just read our step by step guidance below to get started!
So how does a Virtual Open Day work?
Essentially, we want you to be able to get all of the same information and experiences that you would normally have at one of our Open Days, here's how:
- Start by picking up a copy of our guide, whether you're interested in a full-time study programme, Access to HE Diploma, Apprenticeship or even a degree, we've got a brochure to help you figure it all out - just click on a button below to download the relevant guide
- Check out the area that you're interested in - if you're dead set on Engineering you can head straight to that department, alternatively if you're still not sure, or if you have more than one idea of what you want to do you can check out as many areas as you like! We've even got our Careers Team on hand for a live Q&A on Twitter so that you can speak to them about how to get into your dream career!
- Explore your area of choice by taking a look at our Google 360 tours, watch videos with tutors so that you can find out more about the courses, check out what current students are working on and what they think of the courses
- If you need any other advice or support with things like funding, childcare, travel, or even just want to know how to apply, we've got all of that here!
- Most importantly, get excited about your next step and what you could be studying this September!
Click here to register your attendance and receive updates about your application
Which area do you want to explore?
The best way to experience our Open Days is by curriculum areas - whether you have an exact course in mind or just want to get a feel for a few different departments to help you make up your mind. Here you can delve deeper into each area and find out more about the study programmes and Apprenticeships we offer, details of our Employer Skills Academies, check out our facilities and even meet a few of the tutors!
Click on a button below to start exploring!
Explore our Business course
Explore our Sport course
Explore our Sciences course
Explore our Animal Care course
Explore our Engineering courses
Explore our IT & Computing courses
Explore our Health & Science courses
Explore our Catering & Hospitality courses
Explore our Public Services courses
Explore our Aviation, Tourism & Travel courses
Explore our Hair & Beauty courses
Explore our Childcare & Education courses
Explore our Automotive courses
Explore our our A Levels courses
Explore our Music & Performing Arts courses
Explore our Dental courses
Explore our Media & Games courses
Explore our Civil Engineering courses
Explore our Construction & Building Studies courses
Explore our Land-based courses
Explore our Design & Visual Arts courses
Not sure which way to go?
Try Career Coach
We know that choosing a study programme and taking that first step on the way to your future career can be daunting! If you're not sure where to start, why not try our Career Coach Quiz? This interactive, 6-question quiz will ask you about your likes and dislikes to try and determine which careers and subjects you'd be well suited to, plus you can even find out which courses at The Sheffield College will help get you there!
Click here to take the Career Coach Quiz
More about Careers Advice and Guidance
Speak to the Careers Team
If you're still not sure which route to take or how to get into the career that you want, our Careers Team are always on hand to offer impartial advice and guidance. Join the live Q&A with our expert Careers Advisers on Twitter using the hashtag #AskCareersTSC and they can answer all of your career queries!
Click here to ask a question
Get the support you need to succeed
We want you to succeed in everything that you do, so it's important to us that you have all the tools you need to go further. Whether that's getting the right funding so that you're not worrying about money instead of your exams, or ensuring that you've got access to support structures both in and out of class, we're here to help.
Click on the button to the right for more information about:
- Financial support
- Inclusion and SEND support
- Mental health and well-being at college
- Students' Union
Click here for more info about Student Support at The Sheffield College
How to apply!
Now that you've had a good chance to look around and get to grips with everything that we offer, the only thing left to do is apply! Click on the button below for a step by step guide to submitting an application for your chosen course. If you have any questions about applying, or want to check on anything to do with an existing application, you can contact our Admissions Team via email - email@example.com.
Click here for our step-by-step guide to applying!
Got everything you need? Click here to apply for September 2020.
Virtual Open Day
- meet the people who will be teaching you and have a chat about what the course involves
- tour our fantastic facilities and see where you’ll be learning
- find out more about how to travel to our campuses, including our excellent bus, tram and rail links
- speak to our job experts about careers you’re interested in and what you need to do to get there
- have a look at some examples of the work you’ll be doing on your course
- get the chance to look at our sports team and enrichment offer
Virtual Open Days
Unfortunately our campuses are currently closed due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. This means that we can't invite you to come and meet us, tour our campuses and get all the information you need to make a decision about your future.
To make sure you don't miss out, we are running a series of Virtual Open Days so you can get all that information from the comfort of your home. Our Virtual Open Days will give you the chance to:
- download a prospectus
- talk to us about student support and finances
- find out more about course and careers information
- apply from home during the coronavirus pandemic
- tour our campuses
We know that one of the main reasons you attend our Open Days is to ask our Tutors questions. So you still get some of your questions answered, our Tutors have made short videos which answer your frequently asked questions!
Hopefully you like what you see which will mean that you're in a position to apply! We've got links to our online application form on each of the Virtual Open Day pages. Simply click to apply, fill out the form and we'll contact you telling you what you need to do next.
If you still have questions after all this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're unsure about which campus you can study our courses at, take a look at our handy graphic by clicking here.
We look forward to meeting you!
Why not try one of our taster days?
A taster session is essentially a chance for you to come into college and get involved with a hands on session in one of our fantastic departments. You'll have the opportunity to check out the facilities you'll be using on the course you're interested in, have a go at the activities you might be doing in lessons and ask the tutors more detailed questions about the course.