If you are interested in becoming an Accountancy Professional without having the financial cost of university, then this apprenticeship could be for you.
This course is for you if you have an interest and some experience in working in a business environment, providing administration and organisational support to a variety of people. You will consider the basics of working in administration and how these skills develop, and apply this knowledge to your own workplace to show your understanding and competence in carrying out a range of tasks.
Provide legal services to internal and external clients. Typical activities that will be carried out are:
- Taking client instructions
- Managing the inception, progression and completion of client matter
- Communication (written and oral) with internal and external clients
- Reviewing documents
- Drafting and producing legal documents
- Conducting and applying legal research
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Managing and applying financial information
- Negotiating on behalf of clients and representing clients in informal and formal proceeding
- Making decisions in legal matters based on legal principles or the rule of law and within all legal and regulatory requirements
In an increasingly service led economy, customer service skills have never been more in demand; whether face to face, by telephone or via social media. Customer expectations are continuously rising and customer service has become an occupational area in its own right with a growing number of people in jobs where the main requirement is to deploy customer service skills.
This role could be called an HR Consultant or an HR Business Partner in different organisations. Individuals in this role will use their HR expertise to provide and lead the delivery of HR solutions to business challenges, together with tailored advice to the business in a number of HR areas, typically to mid-level and senior managers.